I loved the slightly nutty and sweet flavour the Jerusalem artichokes gave to the dish. We enjoyed this with a simple green salad, but it would also make an excellent side dish to something meaty.
- Prep Time : 15 min
- Cook Time : 40-60 min
- Ready Time : 55 min
- 1-2 C Grated cheddar cheese
- butter, salt & pepper
Peel the potatoes and Jerusalem artichokes, cut into very thin slices (kitchen mandoline is very helpful here).
Layer potatoes, Jerusalem artichokes and half of the grated cheese into a buttered oven dish, season layers with salt and pepper.
Scatter the rest of the cheese on top, pour the cream over.
Bake in a pre-heated 200 C oven for about 40-60 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked (the length of baking depends on the thickness of the vegetable slices).
- Turnip Two Ways Pasta
- Jerusalem Artichoke Pasta
- Jerusalem Artichoke Crustless Mini Quiches
- Cheesy Jerusalem Artichoke Gratin
- Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
- Roasted Delicata Squash
- Balsamic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- Shredded Cabbage Salad with Chicken
- Crunchy Kale Salad
- Delicata Squash with Kale & Potatoes
- Share a Recipe
- Debbie Ryan on Garlic Scape Pesto
- Introducing : Rainbow Heritage Garden | The Wellness Group Blog on About Shares
- Cait on CSA 2011: End of Year Wrap Up!
- Monica on LAST WEEK: CSA – Wednesday October 12th, 2011 – Week #16
- Kalyn on CSA – Week #13 – Wednesday, September 21 (updated!)
- Back 50
- fair wage
- farm crew
- farm tour
- Growing Up
- kale chips
- love letter
- raw kale salad
- Red Canoe Cage
- summer salads
- Taste of the Valley
- the letter writing revolution