- Ready Time : 0 min
- 1.5 lbs Jerusalem Artichokes (if you don't have enough use a few potatoes to substitute)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large leek (finely sliced) (substitute an extra onion if you don't have it)
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped small
- 1 medium potato peeled and cubed
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (or any cream you happen to have on hand)
- salt & pepper to taste
- handful toasted hazelnuts chopped, to garnish
In a large saucepan, melt the butter and add the vegetables and cook until softened.
Add the thyme
Add the the stock and cook for about 25 mins. The jerusalem artichokes and potato should be very soft by now and can be smushed easily with a spoon.
With a handheld blender or your standard blender, blend the soup until completely smooth. If using a standard blender, let the soup cool for a bit before blending.
Stir through the cream if you using.
Season with salt and pepper.
Garnish with chopped toasted hazelnuts and small cubes of raw jerusalem artichokes.
If you prefer you can leave out the raw jerusalem artichokes but they have a cool texture kinda like water chestnuts.
- Turnip Two Ways Pasta
- Jerusalem Artichoke Pasta
- Jerusalem Artichoke Crustless Mini Quiches
- Cheesy Jerusalem Artichoke Gratin
- Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
- Roasted Delicata Squash
- Balsamic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- Shredded Cabbage Salad with Chicken
- Crunchy Kale Salad
- Delicata Squash with Kale & Potatoes
- Share a Recipe
- Debbie Ryan on Garlic Scape Pesto
- Introducing : Rainbow Heritage Garden | The Wellness Group Blog on About Shares
- Cait on CSA 2011: End of Year Wrap Up!
- Monica on LAST WEEK: CSA – Wednesday October 12th, 2011 – Week #16
- Kalyn on CSA – Week #13 – Wednesday, September 21 (updated!)
- Back 50
- fair wage
- farm crew
- farm tour
- Growing Up
- kale chips
- love letter
- raw kale salad
- Red Canoe Cage
- summer salads
- Taste of the Valley
- the letter writing revolution