Mini quiches are a great go-to party food. Not only are they easy to prepare, but you can also add or subtract ingredients based on what you have in your fridge or what is fresh. Only have potatoes and green onions - no problemo. Spinach and mushroom - that will do! Swiss chard would be a good substitute for the spinach. OR - make a big one and eat it at home! If you prefer yours with crust just add that to your ingredient & prep list.
- Ready Time : 0 min
- 1/2 cup Jerusalem Artichokes peeled & thinly sliced
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chives or green onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme fresh is best but dried will do
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Pre-heat the oven to 350º.
Place the sliced Jerusalem artichoke into a small pot of boiling water. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until the artichokes are tender. Drain and set aside.
Then, prepare the egg mixture. In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Then add the olive oil, salt, red pepper and thyme and stir until everything is combined. Then add the chives and potato and Jerusalem artichokes and stir again.
Lightly grease a mini muffin pan. Spoon the egg mixture into the pan, and fill each cup to the brim. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the sides are pulling off the edge. Be careful not to overcook because you do not want the eggs to be dry. Remove and allow them to cool slightly.
Serve warm or at room temperature. They will keep for a couple of days in the refrigerator.
- Turnip Two Ways Pasta
- Jerusalem Artichoke Pasta
- Jerusalem Artichoke Crustless Mini Quiches
- Cheesy Jerusalem Artichoke Gratin
- Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
- Roasted Delicata Squash
- Balsamic Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- Shredded Cabbage Salad with Chicken
- Crunchy Kale Salad
- Delicata Squash with Kale & Potatoes
- Share a Recipe
- Debbie Ryan on Garlic Scape Pesto
- Introducing : Rainbow Heritage Garden | The Wellness Group Blog on About Shares
- Cait on CSA 2011: End of Year Wrap Up!
- Monica on LAST WEEK: CSA – Wednesday October 12th, 2011 – Week #16
- Kalyn on CSA – Week #13 – Wednesday, September 21 (updated!)
- Back 50
- fair wage
- farm crew
- farm tour
- Growing Up
- kale chips
- love letter
- raw kale salad
- Red Canoe Cage
- summer salads
- Taste of the Valley
- the letter writing revolution